Wednesday 16 March 2011

Day 3 - Two Things

I realized something today. Well… two things, actually.

Thing Number 1

I’ve been GHD’ing my hair every day since the intervention started, even though I wear a beanie every day.

Thing Number 2

I’m still wearing the watch. Doesn’t feel right. Dunno why.

Now I know for a full fact that the only reason I still feel the need to do my hair is purely because of morbid, obstinate loyalty to my normal, pre-intervention dressing ritual. “Why the hell am I still doing this?” I asked myself. And almost before the question echoed off the walls inside my head I had already shot back at myself with a very interesting answer. “I am scared that if, for any reason, my beanie should come off my head, people will see my curly hair and I will be embarrassed.” I’ve actually programmed myself to believe that the natural texture of my hair is somehow inadequate and inconsistent with my desired body image. Hmmm… 



No comments:

Post a Comment