Tuesday 15 March 2011

Day 2 - Secret Dressing


It’s ridiculous how chilled yesterday was. Here I was, expecting my amazing metamorphosis to somehow cause the world to part! Surprise, surprise…

It didn’t.

I suppose the context of my environment wasn’t very conducive to planetary transformation, to be honest. I rocked up to school, hopped off my Vuka and made my way through the crowd of students gathered outside the campus steps. It was the first day of the intervention for everyone, so people were expecting to see the madness that unfolded. They all sat there chuckling at one another’s appearances. Not really the best scenario for information gathering.

Anyway, today I got dressed in secret. Nobody saw me yesterday but everyone was congregated upstairs for breakfast this morning. I dunno, man. I don’t want them to see me like this for some reason. I don’t know why. Is it because I’m embarrassed? Am I too proud to see the smug look on my dad’s face as he sees me, perceiving me to finally be caving to his ideals? Suddenly the uncomfortability of this intervention is very tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment